I’m writing this to share a quick solution I implemented to solve a need on a small project.
It works, but feels dirty. If you have a cleaner reco, PLEASE let me know.
(My apologies for screenshots. Git Gists were not keeping the formatting when I selected c#)
This happens due to Excel settings that can be changed if desired on the client, but opens fine:
REASON I DID THIS:
I wrote a Lync method that pulls the latest, active permissions per user email. Because of this, each email address row could have x permissions columns, thus becoming a collection of type dynamic (IEnumerable<dynamic>). New perms can always be added, so options are dynamic (and this db has no lookup table for them).
Don’t judge :-) But if you can constructively advise, I’d love to hear it (if there is a cleaner way or if this isn’t as dirty as it made me feel).
Thanks! Posting in hopes it helps someone. Or if this doesn’t help, maybe a comment will ;-)